Tools: You need Rad Video Tools (freeware) to encode mov files made by Quicktime 4.0 / 5.0!
Install Quicktime and Rad Video Tools.
Launch Rad Video Tools
1. Select the Quick Time File you want to encode
2. Click on "Convert a file"
1. Select under "Output type..." the type "Avi-File".
2. Click on browse to select the output dir/file
3. Hit Convert.
1. Now RAD Video Tools aks you for the compression format. I prefer Pic Video MJPEG Codec with quality 20 because it take not much webspace and have good quality, but you can of course use another. Now you have the AVI File and you can encode it to VCD or SVCD
No audio in the AVI File:
Some Quick Time Movies have audio copy protection. A solution for it to download the application Total Recorder 3.0+. After starting this application you must press the recording button and start your Quick Time Movie. Total Recorder will only record the sound that come from the Quick Time Movie. After recording, you have to save it as wav and multiplex it for example with TMPGEnc.